I am joining up with The Nester's 31 Day Writing Challenge.
For 31 days I will be sharing each and every single day as I work through de-hoarding my house.
Yes, I admit it. I am a hoarder. Maybe not like you would see on TV, but definitely hoardish tendencies. Married to a man with hoardish tendencies. Passing on the hoardish tendencies to the children. Mostly the Peanut. Something needs to be done around here.
October is here and that means November is right around the corner. November means Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving means a houseful of guests. Then comes December and Christmas. New stuff to find room for.
I thought about doing 31 days of cleaning but I realized I was putting the cart before the horse. I instead decided on getting rid of all the excess stuff I have around here first. Then when November comes it should be easier to clean and maintain.
That's right. I will not be cleaning! Yay! Just de-hoarding. So, don't be expecting things to look all shiny and pristine around here just yet. Just less stuff. Which means less cleaning. Winning!
To give myself some sort of focus each week I will pick a new area of my house and work through that area day by day.
What better way to hold myself to the plan than to share with all of you?
Check back each day to follow my progress.
Week 1 - Entryway
Week 2 - The Living Area
- Day 5 - The Plan for Week 2
- Day 6 - Living Area Desk
- Day 7 - Living Area Bookshelves
- Day 8 - Living Area Drawers
- Day 9 - Living Area Living Room
- Day 10 - Living Area Kid's Artwork
- Day 11 - Living Area Finishing Touches
- Day 12 - The Plan for Week 3
- Day 13 - Kitchen Top of Fridge
- Day 14 - Kitchen Upper Cabinets
- Day 15 - Kitchen Lower Cabinets
- Day 16 - Kitchen Hutch
- Day 17 - Kitchen Counters
- Day 18 - Kitchen Finishing Touches
- Day 19 - The Plan for Week 4
- Day 20 - The Princess's Clothes
- Day 21 - The Peanut's Clothes
- Day 22 - The Princess's Toys
- Day 23 - The Peanut's Toys
- Day 24 - The Peanut's Closet
- Day 25 - Kid's Rooms Finishing Touches
- Day 26 - The Plan for Week 5
- Day 27 - The Nightstand
- Day 28 - Closet
- Day 29 - Chest of Drawers
- Day 30 - Dresser
- Day 31 - Mastery
*This post may contain affiliate ads. Read my full disclosure here.